Biohazard Cleaning and Restoration
What is a biohazard? Simply put, it is any substance or material that is biological in nature and hazardous to life through infection, exposure, or contamination. Biohazardous material cannot be cleaned and removed by conventional methods. Biohazard cleaning needs skilled, professional attention to be done away with properly. Our goal is care, compassion, and safety when it comes to biohazard cleaning and restoration.
Examples of bio-hazard waste according to the World Health Organization (W.H.O.) are:
- Infectious waste, such as waste contaminated with blood and bodily fluids. This can happen in medical facilities, laboratories, or facilities providing autopsy services or work with other infectious humans or animals. Any waste from infected animals or humans including bandages and other disposable medical materials is a biohazard.
- Pathological waste, such as human tissues, organs or fluids, body parts and contaminated animal carcasses.
- Sharps waste, which are any materials having to do with syringes, needles, and any other sharp tool used in any medical capacity.
- Chemical waste, including all the big words we are not allowed to dump into our regular trash or down the drain. Items like batteries, solvents, disinfectants, sterilant, reagents, and heavy metals used in medical devices.
- Pharmaceutical waste which includes any expired, unused and contaminate drug or vaccine.
- Cyctotoxic waste, which is waste containing any substance with genotoxic properties. These include highly hazardous substances that are mutagenic, teratogenic or carcinogenic, like cytotoxic drugs used in cancer treatment and their metabolites.
- Radioactive waste, including products contaminated by radionuclides, radioactive diagnostic material, and radiotherapeutic material.
We are skilled, knowledgeable, and professional in our operation, thorough in our action, and responsible in disposal. BRECS works hard to assure our clients their facility or home is a safe place once again.
Our Service Area
If you are in need of biohazard remediation and environmental clean up services, BRECS is the company to call. We serve all of Maricopa County and Pinal County, Arizona, and we are dedicated to providing our clients with the highest quality of service possible. If you live in or near any of the following cities, give us a call today for a free quote.
Luke Air Force Base